Monday, July 6, 2009

Bits & Pieces...

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th and great weekend. A family in our church hosted a picnic for the 4th and I had been praying for a few weeks that I would be able to go. I couldn't stay very long, but it was wonderful to visit with some ladies from our church while we were there. My legs were still too bad to go to church Sunday morning, but by the evening I was walking well enough to go. Praise the Lord!! My husband preached an incredible sermon (the only kind he knows how to preach!! :D ), and just being there was wonderful! I expected to be down the next few days due to the activity of Saturday and Sunday, but the Lord blessed and it's been a good day. Even got some cleaning in so I can dream about other things tonight and not cleaning! :)

On Mondays it is my husband's "day off" and he tries to stay close to home. This morning we took it slow and I let my children stay in their jammies. I needed to make a phone call and Paul & Stacey were noisy during it. They know the rule, so I when I got off I had them sit on their hands for a few minutes. (They have to keep their mouths closed when sitting on their hands.) Katie walked in the room, saw her bother & sister sitting on the floor and promptly wedged herself in between them and sat on her hands! It was so cute. She wants to do everything that they are doing. I quickly grabbed my camera and took a few pics. As you can see, she doesn't shy away from the camera!




I noticed after I took the picture that my husband's Bible was in the chair in the background. I loved that. That was where he spent time with the Lord early this morning while the rest of us slept. God knew I needed a man with a consistent, close walk with Him to help see us through all He has in store for our lives. I find much strength from the Lord and my heart fills to overflowing with the knowledge that I can also lean on my husband and the strength he gains from the Lord for both of us when I am doing poorly.


We leave to take our teens to Youth Conference in Hammond, IN on Sunday. We're leaving after the evening service and driving through the night. There are 28 people going. This is always a life changing time for our young people and I look forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for them this year. I won't be able to attend much of the Conference, if any, but will be seeing my doctor there who has helped so much. My days this week will be filled with pacing myself to get everything done before we leave. I am excited to have 2 of our teens staying with us for a few days to help me -- they're the kind that just dive right in and not only help, but find things that I didn't even know needed to be done!! :) Most of all I look forward to the time with them. They are a joy to be around!


Thank you for all the encouraging comments I've received. Many of you have asked what exactly I'm doing different with our eating and life style changes. I'll try to answers those ?'s this week in a post. Thank you for the prayers. I see that there have been many people that have stopped by and I know that you are praying and I can't tell you how that helps me keep going.


Thank you for taking the time to read and Pray,


Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! I am so happy to hear that you were able to attend church Sunday night. How encouraging!

    YC was always an enjoyable time for me! (Of course Cole and I counted down from like January!!) Take it easy out there!

    You kids are simply adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word... your kids are soooooo cute! I showed Jason the pic and he was like Is that Ella! ha ha! He thinks our youngest look a ton alike! Too funny! Anyways, Great pic of your kids and too funny that she sat right down with the big kids! =)

    So glad you had a good weekend! Hope you all have a great time in IN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, your kids are soooo cute, I LOVE the curls!

    I'm so glad God gave you strength to do everything that you did this past weekend. Seeing God work in your life is such an encouragement to me.

    Aren't helpful teenagers wonderful? I have a few here that I don't know how I would manage without. God will surely bless them for their servant's hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you, Sarah, and am so happy I can know specifically how to pray without "bothering" you, lol.
    Praying for you daily,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah, your children are sooo cute!! Did you know that???? I am praying God will give you strength for the trip to Indiana and to get everything done. Tell your Mom and Dad I said hi. Love, Aunt Dee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging to hear from you!