Thursday, July 2, 2009

A better day...

First of all, thank you so much to all of you who took a few minutes to leave a comment on the previous posts. I can't begin to tell you what encouragement each one of them is to me. Each time I read a comment I felt like I am receiving a hug.

Philippians 4:13 has been very real to me these past 8 days. It has been a particularly hard time. I have a long way to go to learn my body with lupus and what effects it and triggers greater pain. When the pain gets this bad and I've tried everything I've been taught to do, I start a lengthy fast. (I do not talk about spiritual fasting, but I will refer to fasting for health reasons from time to time.) Today was day 3 and I found some relief last night. I was euphoric!! I wanted to jump up and clean the house! Since it was 1 in the morning, I didn't think my family would appreciate that, nor would my body. You know how it is when you've been sick and start feeling even just a bit better, you want to do everything that has been left undone and you land yourself right back where you were and sometimes in worse shape!! :) Ever laid in bed and mentally cleaned your house room by room? I even threw in some re-decorating this time! :D

Today was my first appointment w/ a new doctor that my doc in Indiana urged us to go see. This one is about an hour away and won't replace our IN dr., but will be able to help us.





One of our college girls, Jessy, (pictured above) who is home for the summer came over to babysit so my husband could take me. She does a wonderful job with the kids and we're not concerned about them when they are in her care.

What a beautiful ride it was to the dr.'s!! We crossed the bridge to Jamestown, the bridge to Newport, and then the bridge that took us into Bristol, RI. The dr. was great and Paul & I left feeling as though the Lord directed again to someone who can help. I was concerned about the financial aspect of this visit as I knew it was going to be quite costly, but Paul assured me that we needed to do this and that God would provide. When we went to pay the bill, it cost less than a third of the price they had originally told us! Praise the Lord!!

Thank you again for all the prayers, love, support and encouraging words -- whether through cards or the comments left. I appreciate you all.

With love,

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. Re-decorating, too?!? You are so funny! ;)

    I am thrilled you had some relief...and happy there is a doctor closer who can be of service to you.

    And I am so glad you are a blogger. How fun!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you had some relief!

    I clean my house mentally all the time! It helps me relax. Strange I know, but I re-decorate to drift off to sleep!!!! Of course it makes me want to get up and start putting it into action the next morning!

    Praying you keep having good days, however you define them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY, Sooo glad you got some relief! And how awesome that there is a doctor closer to you guys to help you out too!!! What a blessing that the cost was so much less than you thought it was going to be! And glad you have someone to keep your kids that you feel so comfortable with while you guys went! Nothing better than being able to go and not have to think and worry about everyting! Great to read your posts!!! Have a great day my friend! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sarah,
    Here I thought I left you a comment on your last post, but when I went to look, it wasn't there! I must have gotten side-tracked (not a difficult thing for me).
    Thank you for sharing about your illness. It does help to pray for you better. And thank you for sharing your heart. As I read your post, I thought of the words "and when He hath tried, he [she] shall come forth as gold." Truly, God is making you beautiful for Him!
    I'm thankful that you had a bit of relief. And, yes, I get all kinds of things done in bed, but mostly while I'm dreaming...groceries, cleaning, sewing, everything! It's just that no one else can see it! :(
    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. My day goes better when I know you are feeling better.
    My thoughts are with you and Paul daily. I am so glad you have a blog and I love to read the encouraging things others say to you. 'HI' to Jennie, Mandy, Missy and Amy. Love to you all, Mom N

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I just stumbled onto your blog through Stacy's blog, then I noticed you on Amy's blog. I'm good friends with them both..small world, huh? I just wanted to let you know that I'll be praying for you and I'll be following your blog.

    I am curious as to what kind of diet changes you've made. I find it fascinating how what we eat so drastically affects our health.

    I'm glad that you finally got a break from the pain. I am amazed that you can endure it without meds. God was certainly holding you up.

    I probably won't be able to take the time to comment on every post, but I'll be keeping up with you and I'll be praying for you.

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sarah
    Since I have known you (way back to your school days!) you have always had a special spot in our families heart. Lots of memories - you, my Sarah and Stacy. Just wanted you to know that we love you and we will be praying for you The blog page is a great idea. I enjoyed reading it and looking at your pictures. We love you! Mrs. Crane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging to hear from you!