Friday, July 10, 2009

I have been blessed...

I can't believe it's Friday already!! The week flew by. My wonderful help arrived Wednesday night after church in the form of 2 sisters, Laura & Amyrose.




I had a list of things I was hoping to get done with their help and they did so much more than what was on there. They did have some down time--





They stayed until this evening -- what a blessing from God they were to Paul & I. Not only with all their help around the house, but allowing us date time. I also had 2 doctor's appointments this morning that lasted until 12:30 and because they were here Paul was able to drive me to the appts. I had fun talking with them and hearing Laura's dating stories from college last year! :)


On Thursday evening my husband took me on a date. We used to do weekly dates until my friend lupus showed up. For several months we've still had our dates but at home. I was so looking forward to going OUT with him! First he called and scheduled me a haircut with my hairdresser. He heard me mention the day before that I felt I needed a cut and he took it upon himself to see that it happened for me before our trip. He is extremely busy and just as we were walking out the door he received yet another phone call and I teased him that this was how we were going to spend our date...






He did finish the call and we left. We couldn't stay out too long and by the time we got to Walmart (every great date ends up at Walmart!), I was riding in one of those motor scooters. They are definitely not my favorite thing, but when it's either ride those or sit in the car while my husband has all the fun of finding the clearance, then I'll set my pride aside and ride ! :)


Thank you for all the prayers and comments left. It has been a better week. After our date last night I was in extreme pain, but when we left for this morning's first dr. appt., I was walking again. I have been fasting for several days again and that always makes a big difference. It keeps my pain level manageable and when the pain does get out of hand, I can usually bounce back quicker from it if I have been fasting. I am eating mostly raw now with some organic, unprocessed, non dairy, gluten free etc... thrown in there, but the fasting is still necessary at this point in time. Mainly this fasting is to prepare myself for our trip to Indiana. With 28 people going, I won't be as free to do what I need or stop (or not stop) when needed, so I'm praying that I'll not just do o.k. traveling, but be all that my husband, kids and teens need while on the trip. If you could pray with me about that, I would certainly appreciate it!


Hope you all have a great weekend. We're having evangelist Bob Holmes with us this Sunday. He is an amazing man -- you can read about him on his website here.


If you stop by, please know I'm praying for you,

Sarah

13 comments:

  1. Wow! What a blessing!!! I cherish date night and I am sure you two do as well. How exciting to get out of the house!

    Sorry for the reasons but HOW LUCKY that you get to ride in those scooters!! Do you know how many time Nicole and I wanted to race on those things LOL!!!!! I am sure you loathe them but think of the possibilities!!!!!!

    Hope you continue to have the blessings you so justly deserve!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mandy's comments about the scooters! ;)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking of you tonight and wondering how your week went. I'm so glad you got help and some time away. I pray you have a wonderful week next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww How sweet that he got you a hair apt! That he is there to meet every need! Just awesome! Im so happy God gave him to you! How fun to get out with him alone! It is so refreshing to have that time!

    So glad your helpers got soooo much done for you! What a huge blessing that is! Will be praying for you on your trip!

    Have a great weekend! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your trip goes well, I'll be praying for you too.

    You and your hubby make a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you are probably recovering from your trip and being so busy the last week. Just wanted to say Hi and I hope that everything went well on your trip! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't checked in here for a while, so I need to do some reading up on why you're going to Indiana. I hope that you have/had a good trip and are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sarah,
    I hope you can get things under control with the lupus thing. I can relate to being in pain and not being able to leave the house to do anything. I have ulcerative colitis, and it is just not fun.
    but glad to see you able to get around.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello~ I prayed for you today! :)

    ~Debbie Doll

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    I found your blog from Jennie's and after looking at your picture I can say that can recall you but don't really remember you from college. But that's not the point of my writing you this comment.

    My pastor's wife, Jen Soto, also has lupus. Because of this I looked up the some information in food books that I have and found out some things. Forgive me if you already know this, but I feel I should tell you just in case. It comes from a book I picked up in a grocery store called "Foods that Harm, Foods that Heal". I don't have the book with me so I'm just going from what I recall. Those with lupus should not eat celery or alfalfa sprouts. Grapefruit and citrus in general are good but not if you're taking a certain medication that I can't remember right now but starts with a L. This is a little thing but can make a big difference.

    Also, I don't know what kind of supplements you are taking but I do know that when Jen wasn't feeling well she would double up on some of hers thinking the extra vitamins and minerals would help. It didn't. It made her feel worse. I would have no idea how much research you do on things not knowing you, but be sure to check out everything even if it seems like it would be a good thing.

    Lastly, recently I heard Mrs. Tudor speak on health at a ladies gathering and she spoke highly of taking an Iodine supplement. One lady I know had already been doing this and said she could tell the difference in her energy level. Jen said that she started taking them after hearing Mrs. Tudor and she too could tell the difference.

    I hope not all of this information was repeatitive.

    I'll be sure to pray for you.

    Carolyn (Nobles)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah - Words cannot express how happy I was to find your blog. After all these years, to be able to see what a beautiful family you have is awesome. I am very happy for you and am not surprised to see your determination and amazing will and strength to get through your health issues. You have always demonstrated amazing faith and strength for yourself and shared it with others.

    Hope to hear from you soon.

    Love always,
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sarah! I haven't been on the Hyles-Anderson Connection in a while and just recently thought about it again. I signed on tonight and found your message in my inbox about this site. I was so saddened to hear about the health issues you have had! I think I was more sad to realize that I haven't kept in touch as well as I should, considering I didn't even know you were diagnosed. :( I will be praying for you fervently. It seems the devil (I agree w/not capitalizing it! LOL) has been attacking friends all over these past months. You are a great testimony of trust and faith. Thank you for using this "season" in your life to be a blessing to others. I pray it will come to pass sooner rather than later.
    Love,
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sarah, I am also amazed by your strength! It was very encouraging to me to read your blog. God allows some things to enter our lives that we think that we cannot handle, but then He is right there to help us through. I am praying for you tonight! Amos and Hana are coming to RI for camp, and they are looking forward to it. I can't wait to hear about all the fun times and memories they will make. Have a really special day, my friend! Lots of love, Halene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging to hear from you!